Quebec Renewable Materials Innovation Network
Director : Alexis Achim
Objective : The network constitutes a platform for exchanges between academic research and the environment using the results. The Network’s mission is to stimulate the process of innovation and technology transfer in the fields of the design, characterization, use and socio-environmental performance of renewable materials in Quebec.
CRSNG – Canlak industrial research chair in finishing interior wood products
Chairholder: Véronic Landry
Objectives: The CRSNG – Canlak industrial research chair in interior wood product finishing’s mission is to increase the use of interior wood appearance products by developing finishing products or densification processes to improve performance of these products or to provide them with new attributes.
Industrial Research Chair in Ecoresponsible Wood Construction (CIRCERB)
Chairholder : Pierre Blanchet
Objective : Position Canada as a world leader in environmentally responsible construction using innovative practices by establishing an industrial consortium to significantly influence reductions in carbon emissions.
Leadership Chair in Education in Sustainable Management of Private Forests
Holder : Maude Flamand-Hubert
Objective : Promote the sustainable management of private forests, by focusing on the training of the next generation and the development of skills.
- Improve the offer of courses related to the sustainable management of private forests
- Create innovative educational formulas adapted to the challenges of sustainable management of private forests
- Improve the communication skills of forestry students
- Develop a continuing education offer for stakeholders working in private forest land
- Provide graduate students with research training opportunities on the major issues of private forests
Made possible thanks to the financial support granted by the MFFP, the Federation of forest producers of Quebec, the company Domtar and the FFGG
Chaire de leadership en enseignement en construction intégrée en bois
Holder: Xiaodong Wang
Objective : Aims to play a central role in the training of future engineers (wood engineers, civil engineers and mechanical engineers) and architects. It will particularly allow:
- Create new training activities integrating, in particular, the concepts of building envelope, wood physics, sustainability of buildings and integrated design as well as good practices in fire protection, energy performance, acoustics and vibration
- Stimulate the training of graduate students in the field of integrated timber construction
- Position the Faculty of Forestry, Geography and Geomatics as a leader in wood construction training
Made possible thanks to financial support granted by the MFFP and the FFGG.