Transforming the Resource and Designing Eco-Responsible Products and Systems
Theme Leader: Bruno Chabot
Theme 2.1: Mechanical, Thermal, Chemical and Biological Processing
- Development of processing methods for lignocellulosic material;
- Development of innovative paper processing methods;
- Development of thermal modification processing methods for wood;
- Development of conversion methods for forest and agricultural biomass and biopolymers.
Theme 2: Innovative Product and System Design
- Eco-responsible building design;
- Design of structural and non-structural products;
- Design of paper products with new capabilities;
- Development of biomass-based products;
- Design of bio-based composite products;
- Development of biopolymers;
- Development of char-based products.